A 90-day Free Trial of DC Universe Infinite is now Available Through Xbox Game Pass. Here's What I'm Reading

     


    Perks are an often underappreciated aspect of Xbox Game Pass. Through perks you can get extra in-game content for your games and exclusive offers for trials of different subscription services. They've had offers for Disney Plus, Paramount Plus, Discord Nitro, Marvel Unlimited, and now DC's own Comic subscription service. This perk is great, not only because you get access to thousands of comics as a new or returning subscriber but also because if you upgrade your subscription, it comes with in game content for Injustice 2. I'm not the most experienced comics reader especially in the DC realm but I'm really excited to get more into them with this trial. Because of the fact that I'm not an avid comic reader, I'm not going to tell you these are the comics that you should read; I don't even know if they're good or not. However these are the ones that I am currently reading and I'm enjoying them so far. These comics might be a good starting point for you like they have been for me, or maybe you'd rather read something else. Either way I wanted to put my initial thoughts out there. I'm always open for recommendations on new series to read, but for now here are the five series that I am reading. 

Batman: No Man's Land

    I learned about this series from YouTube channel, Comicstorian, and the concept really intrigued me. Gotham City is almost destroyed by a massive earthquake and the U.S government declares Gotham as a No Man's Land. Gotham City becomes a lawless warzone, and each villain gets their own section of Gotham as territory. In the first few issues Batman is M.I.A. The main heroes so far are him, Cassandra Cain, Oracle, and Commissioner Gordon. The series has a post-apocalyptical feel to it and it's always fun to watch Batman tackle a new challenge.

Supergirl: Woman of Tomorrow

    Yes, I am reading this series because James Gunn announced that the new Supergirl movie will be based off this series. The series definitely had a spike in popularity because of that announcement, but it really is such a cool and unique series. It has a lot of narration to it so if you're only looking for big battles this series might not be the one for you. Tom King's writing is intriguing though and Bilquis Evely delivers a beautiful art style. Supergirl kind of goes on a journey of self-discovery here, although it is from the point of view of a young alien girl who has recruited Supergirl to help avenge the death of her father. The series so far has been different than any other comic series I've read and I'm excited to see it adapted to the big screen. 

DCeased

    Superheroes and zombies are pretty much already a winner of a combination, but the way they did this series is unique to other stories like this. They're technically not zombies but Anti-life creatures infected by Darkseid. The disease spreads the typical zombie way but also through the internet, thanks to a zombified Cyborg. There is certainly some unexpected deaths, along with other surprises. Overall, the series is just good, gory fun. 

Dark Nights: Metal 

    When I was in school, my friend told me about this series and told me I needed to read it. Sadly, I didn't have a way to do so back then but now I can read it and let me tell you, it was worth the wait. It is probably my favorite series that I'm reading, I already kind of know some of the stuff that happens but that's not keeping me from enjoying it. The Batman Who Laughs is terrifying and the series always keeps you on your toes. I can't wait to read more!

Sandman

    Neil Gaiman is an incredible writer and I've really been wanting to get into this series for a long time. It's a lot different then the other series that I'm currently reading, and it just has a different feel to it than the bigger Batman and Justice League series. This is an entirely different thing; the writing is brilliant, and the artwork is elegant. I haven't gotten very far into the series yet, but I still don't really know what to expect going forward. I definitely have high expectations and I'm hoping the series continues to meet them. 

Comments

Popular Posts